Active Retirement Ireland seeks to provide a means by which affiliated local associations may secure appropriate support to enhance their individual and collective activities. It also aspires to ensure a corporate voice representing the views of its affiliated community based associations and to act on their behalf with central and local authorities and other relevant bodies.
The movement is nationwide, non-political and non-sectarian with a membership of men and women drawn from many occupations and all walks of life..
The most frequently mentioned issues which older people said were the most important factors (good or bad) affecting quality of life, were both social relationships (36%) and health (36%).* *Age Concern research
Benefits of being a member of Active Retirement Ireland
- Active Retirement Ireland is a membership organisation, which means that the needs and interests of the membership determine the kinds of offerings available.
- Educational, cultural, social and travel opportunities to keep learning while having fun.
- Volunteer opportunities throughout the organisational structure for those who wish to get involved.
- A range of training programmes to support the volunteers.
- Access to information from national to local level.
- Opportunities to make new friends and build new relationships through the membership
- Special offers and discounts for members.
- A place to voice the concerns you have as a member of society
- Public liability insurance cover
Commitment to Standards in Fundraising Practice
Active Retirement Ireland is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising of Irish Charities Tax Research Ltd. (ICTR).
The Statement exists to:
- Improve fundraising practice
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support
Active Retirement Ireland have considered the Statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out as we have described in our Statement of Compliance. The most recent annual report is available to the public.
For more information about ICTR's Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising, visit the Fundraising Principles section of the ICTR website.